PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SOE balancing TR MAXs!
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-05, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Plato
Sergeant

--- Sporkfire in the official forums

I just wanted to let you know that MAX issues are being addressed. After watching the data on the DC and Pounder over the past few weeks, we've come to the point of view that they are, in fact, somewhat overpowered in certain situations compared to their counterpart MAXes. They are both going to be reduced slightly to bring them back to the original design vision.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little more information. The change is happening, but don't expect it before the weekend. I just wanted to give you the heads up on the topic.

Also, every developer for any MMOG knows that reducing the damage on something will incite a few people to cry nerf. When we reduce damage, we do our best to keep the weapon in question competitive and effective.

We only try to bring it into balance with the effectiveness of its counterpart in other empires. The TR MAXes will still be righteous damage machines, but they will be more in line with the other Empires'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact that we reduced something this time around should not be interpreted to mean we will never beef anything up. It's just the direction that this issue needed to go.