PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Miir
Malvision

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

At first glance it is easy to put the blame on large outfits for unbalancing the game. But really it's the games design that's at fault here. Getting steam rolled all the time is not fun. Not for the smaller group and even over time not for the larger group either. Unless the intent was to make a game that only a few large outfits play and everyone else just sits on the side lines they have a lot of work to do.

They really need their mission system to be able to pair up outfits based on size so fighting was more balanced that way.

They also need a way to coordinate with alliance members. I posted this back in beta. Still applies.

Originally Posted by Miir
I would like SOE to consider adding in some sort of multi-outfit Alliance organization features in game. Sort of like the a Platoon feature for squads but at the Outfit level.

This Alliance feature would allow leadership in each outfit to merge into an Alliance and see where the other members of the Alliance are on the map and coordinate better.

Suggest feature list:

- Map markers to request air/armor/infantry
- Map markers to flag enemy locations (air/armor/infantry)
- Alliance way points for each outfit. (Perhaps with outfit logo on the map)
- Alliance voice chat (only leadership levels of each outfit would have access)

I know likely some of these feature are coming down the pipes for high level commanders. However given the large gap between smaller outfits and large outfits in the games current state. I think for the sake of keeping the smaller groups happy this would be a great addition to the game. Even if it costs a little station cash to purchase on day one.
However there needs to be a cap on the amount of members you can have in an alliance. If there is no cap what would likely happen with a tool like this is it would be allow larger outfits to form into even larger groups and we'd continue to have the same issues we are having now. The alliance feature needs to be for the smaller groups to organize at the same level as a large outfit.

A large outfit might have 100 members online. So an alliance should be capped at 100 members. Maybe this could be dynamic based on the largest enemy outfit online at the time?

Last edited by Miir; 2012-12-20 at 02:44 PM.