PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Capture Mechanics
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-09, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Re: Capture Mechanics

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
  • What constitutes a successful capture is arbitrary.
    What I mean by this is that if we are in a hot base contested by multiple teams, we might gradually gain control and at some mysterious point our control bar fills and we capture the base, but the enemy is still there and still in control of one or more control points. It seems likely that the hack process would start all over again, possibly leading to multiple re-secures before we finally boot the enemy out. That might be OK in that situation as people attending the fight would get periodic reward boosts from the cap rather than one big long fight with a reward at the very end. It seems like an awkward scenario to me. Could also be due to not having all the details of the system, so I won't press too hard on this.
i'd wager a guess and say that after a sucessful capture the base will go into some kind of lockdown where it can't be hacked, most likely explained by saying that it takes like 5 minutes for the base to accept the new operating system, cause I dunno TR use windows, NC use android and Vanoobs use apple ios.