PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-21, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Adenn
Private

Misc Info
Re: Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis

My opinion on the current MCG

Short Answer: I hate it.

Long Answer:

I have 1100 kills on the MCG, if you don't believe me check my player stats. So now you know I'm not talking out of my ass.

Anyways, when the game launch I was conflicted with the weapon. I found it highly enjoyable yet I was more effective with my Carv so after 200 kills with the weapon I ended up placing it back in the locker only occasionally taking it out.

Months later when it got a buff and their was the ADS instant shooting bug I used it all the time. You see, I watched a video on youtube about the chain gun which taught you how to properly use it.

I completely loved it and realized that the gun wasn't bad, but rather had a higher skill floor. I won't go into details but it was essentially a full auto sniper rifle whilst being decent at close range.

Then they changed it with the spin up time...then it became useless to me. I can no longer snipe enemies from mid-long range. The ROF gives the enemies a chance to run and by the time I get the highest amount of ROF the COF is far too large for sniping.

At close range the low ROF has gotten me killed many times as well and the TTK in this game is far too low for me to reach the high ROF before one of us dies. The only time the spin up time is useful for me now is when I manage to flank a large group of enemies and mow them all down, other wise and tend to get FF or shoot everything but my enemy due to the COF.

So yeah, I hate the new MCG. I've tried going back to it to get the auraxium medal but I just can't. They made the skill floor/ceiling lower with this remake of it. I wish you could press "B" to have an alternative firing mode without the spin up time because that killed the gun for me.