PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSiders/Tribers?
View Single Post
Old 2003-03-10, 06:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #168
Payback
Private

<shakes his head> The ignorance on Tribes history here is obvious indeed.....

and please, if you played some crazy mod (ie. ultra renegades or shifter or one of those other mods), don't consider that true *TRIBES*. That's like saying Half-life & Counter-strike are the same thing. HL != CS. Any mod for T1 != Tribes 1. Any mod besides the normal (ie. classic, TR2, etc) != Tribes 2.

Of course I'm biased too. I played T1, and bought T2 the day it came out.... was sorely disappointed too. Been playing a lot more recently though, starting with the Team Rabbit 2 patch & up to classic.

I'm sure some people will now yell at me and say that "renegades was cool" or some crap. ok yes, renegades was fun when i first installed T1 and liked flying the "wraith" to the center tower of scarabae.

The reason Tribes 1 is better than any game that ever has come out and ever will come (including PS, although I still plan on getting it) is because Tribes 1 is a SPORT. The mix of Defense, Offense, timing, and the massive learning curve made for the most enjoyable game ever..

Now, let us cross our fingers that T3 moves back towards T1 and away from T2.

PS. Yes I know I come across as a jerk. That one firecracker guy got me pissed off and I carried it over....