PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Improvement: Light Assault Backpacks - Ammo Drop, Radar Booster, and more! The Jetpack Tradeoff!
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zekeen
Major

Re: Light Assault Backpacks - Ammo Drop, Radar Booster, and more! The Jetpack Tradeof

Originally Posted by Hosp View Post
I think therein lies the self-balancing aspect. In PS1, you have dedicated people running around resurrecting people even though there's no hard class. So while you can see friendlies rush past you with med-aps, you still might not get a res. And there are plenty of reasons for this that range from incompetence to common sense.

Now, I'm not keeping up as well as i should be with developments, but to me it seems like they're trying to make LA the choice for field combat over the slower HA which is better geared towards CQB/siege and/or field support. So even if the class is flexible and has a role to play to begin with, it comes down to the individual (or outfit) to make it work better, or in your case, to use it as intended. Making it more flexible isn't the way to to balance what it's supposed to do.
What I'm trying to do, is rework it to be more of a tactical choice than a "do the leftovers" role. Adding more features instead of removing them. Making Light Assault more of a "what role do I wanna play today" type thing. Diversifying it. Yes PS1 had everyone as self medics. But if they could resurrect, chances are they resurrected, they spent a LOT of certs into that, they'd be using it. What we have now is a massive number of ammo droppers appearing in the game. And, if like you said, most will be light infantry, then a better reason to split jetpacks and ammo drop, or else ammo drop will have no reason to exist with a majority of the field being ammo droppers.