PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Improvement: Light Assault Backpacks - Ammo Drop, Radar Booster, and more! The Jetpack Tradeoff!
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zekeen
Major

Re: Light Assault Backpacks - Ammo Drop, Radar Booster, and more! The Jetpack Tradeof

Originally Posted by OutlawDr View Post
Carrying the extra ammo isn't really an engineers thing...even in real military units. Lets not make the engineer the catch all support class for everything that isn't healing.

I really like this idea. The light assault seemed very one dimensional ...even though it seemed like it could do a lot. Acting the role of the ammo mule and at the same time an aggressive jumpjest assault soldier seemed to counter each other. Splitting the the two plus adding others would allow the devs to better sculpt those roles within the light assault class.
Exactly! I see Light Assault as the basic soldier, and the way I see it, the more roles you can give to a separate style of Light Assault, the more likely it is to be used. Heavy Assault and MAXes are all fine, but I think Light Assault really would feel good for more necessary roles such as command. Even though any class can be a squad leader or commander, having a very not invincible class give a small bonus will get commanders to take a balanced role when using it to enhance their squad.