Old 2004-02-10, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
shaizan
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by SpunkJakel
...with a NC Jack user and think " OMFG, I'm dead why even try..."

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
You know I've said that to myself a few times,
Getting killed by Jackhammers repeatedly really really annoys me, I have no rational explaination (If anyone does, please tell me), and what's more bizarre is that don't get worked up the same if i keep dying by MCG or Lasher.

Thing is thought, that trail of thought you said, eventually changes to: "ARRGGGHHH! I'm going to keep trying & trying until I killed at leased one! ONE! Those *�):{L>*^&%$!!!!!1111ONE"

I know the feeling. Getting instantly killed repeatedly with a feeling of little to no recourse is no fun at all. In the past I have logged off if I see the NC are coming rather than just get frustrated for the next hour and then log off. Onizuka is right, it's just not the same as if I'm...say gunned down by an MCG or a Lasher. I'm not an advocate of removing HA from the game, but I do think it could be reworked. I've heard and liked the idea of a 'Heavy Gauss Rifle' of some type, and that sounds workable.

However, the Jackhammer fits the NC Mantra, and as such it's likely here to stay. It will still be the unholy king of exceedingly close quarters combat even after the thriple shot ablity reload issue is addressed. I hope it is enough of a fix to help make the thing something I can at least deal with.

Last edited by shaizan; 2004-02-10 at 12:25 AM.