PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - THE Beer Thread
Thread: THE Beer Thread
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-19, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: THE Beer Thread

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I'll be in Seattle at the end of August for vacation. Can you recommend some good spots to get a beer? And by good spots, I mean away from the obnoxious frat boys but isn't a hole in the wall. Preferably some place that caters to military.
The Raven is a good spot in Redmond. Reasonably classy place that is usually occupied by business professionals in the late 20's to 30's. Other than that there's an Irish pub in Kirkland. There's some good places in Bellevue but it's kinda yuppie. Good dive bar on the north side of Lake Washington. After that you're either in the clubbing scene downtown or the U-district (college kids). The area is largely divided up by age/economics. College kids, clubbers, yuppies, few places in between.

I don't know of any place in this area that caters to military. You'd probably have to go north or across the sound to one of the naval stations, or go south to Fort Lewis.

I know a lot of places that cater to dead presidents though.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-06-19 at 02:16 AM.