PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Ruwyn
Corporal

Re: Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
But it sounds like the resources won on Continent B will also go to the players on Continent A, so they will be connected. The only real connection the continents had in PS1 was the benefits, and I'm probably wrong about this but I think those were added after launch.
The benefits and the appearance of progression. You could progress a fight from Hossin to Cyssor while losing ground on Solsar. With this new set up we are going to hit walls sooner rather then later. There is no give and take if people are on top of population changes. You know like if 100people leave Cont A suddenly and appear on Cont C, you need to move people to counter. Or you could just trade land on each Cont.

I foresee initial battle lines being set and then not moving a whole lot. I picture a circle divided into 3 sections. The areas that you will fight over are the middle of the circle and a couple territories on either side of the dividing lines. I believe huge swaths of ground will not see battle until the shift changes(the daily empire pop. dominance times), or the player base inevitably decides one continent is more important then the others.
The resources are an attempt at that. However, this doesn't work if EVERY empire doesn't require that resource. For instance, "Hey Resource X over there!". "Forget it, we just sat on Resource X for 3 days. We have plenty, so just go capture some Resource Y".

I truly hope all our fears do not come to pass. I'm a pessimist by nature, which is good when it comes to design because you don't just rest on things.