PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.

Originally Posted by Ruwyn View Post
I foresee initial battle lines being set and then not moving a whole lot. I picture a circle divided into 3 sections. The areas that you will fight over are the middle of the circle and a couple territories on either side of the dividing lines. I believe huge swaths of ground will not see battle until the shift changes(the daily empire pop. dominance times), or the player base inevitably decides one continent is more important then the others.
But if you didn't know anything about Planetside 1, you could easily assume the same thing. In fact because the lattice restricted where you could attack, you could predict that the battle lines wouldn't move at all. And yet we saw plenty of movement. Sure there would be bottle neck battles that lasted a long time at bridges and Interlinks, but all in all, the battles flowed across the map.

With the new territory system it will be that much easier for the battle to flow since you arn't restricted in only being able to attack 1 base from 1 direction.

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
OK, that wasn't a very good argument on my part. However, if you don't want to lose your spot on the continent, you can still stage your assault at a dropship center on cont or something of the like. I was proposing the sanctuary for when you want to stage something where the enemy can't see it and they don't know where you're going. That way it works both ways and everyone can get what they want.
True, you could stage it at another base, but that isn't always safe. You are still open to attack. The foothold would give you a safe no-fire zone to form up. Lord knows forming a raid can be difficult enough already without OS's or bombing runs taking out your troops.