PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
I'd rather players not be able to spawn into any area they see fit even if it is secured. In PS you were able to bind to specific facilities regardless of your current location. Say you binded to Andvari, Esamir and you were playing on Amerish somewhere. When respawning you can select that point even though you are not near it at all. I think something along those lines is doable. If a group of players is concerned a area maybe attacked they can bind to a facility there in order to get there quicker. Being able to have entire empire pop spawn into a potential base target would be OP.
Ah...but now that I've got you thinking about it, what if players could instantly spawn somewhere like that, but subject to some limit...say...10? 20? Enough to present a defense, never enough to repel an invasion. And since it's basically a free bonus for emergency defense, no one should be complaining that their whole squad wasn't able to make it before the limit got reached.

Or what if there was such a thing as an outfit bind point? ie...individually you can bind somewhere...and you can still respawn at your nearest base etc...but your outfit can also set a bind point that will let members spawn there as well, independently of their individual bind? And in order to reset the outfit bind point, maybe it takes say, at least 5 Outfit members?

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-03-27 at 05:51 PM.