PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: SOE Updates PlanetSide2 Road Map
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-28, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: Checked out roadmap lately?

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
I think by now most of us have realized the roadmap is rather pointless. They may as well have put a bullet list in a thread that states what they might end up working on at some point throughout the years of Planetside2.

The original idea of the roadmap was to be dates that were for when they would start working on certain tasks. For the most part, that hasn't happened, they just work on whatever and they really don't care what the community has up/down voted. Lattice wasn't even on the list, though I'm glad they did it. Hossin is on the list and for whatever reason they've decided to become a typical closed development team and not tell us shit about it. Nearly everything on the roadmap list was there when it originally debuted, the difference is almost all of those things have been pushed back because everything that they have been working on is taking much longer than they thought.

Just noticed Hossin is all the way back to September. So more than likely we won't even get it until October. Think I'll go play another game for the next 4-5 months, this is getting rather ridiculous.

Da fuck are you talking about?

Hossin was well underway when they started going for the Lattice. The Lattice wasnt on the roadmap to being with because it never was a feature that was set in stone, or something that needed a voting progress to see how important it is.

We all knew for a long time that the Hex has massive issues. We all hoped to get those fixed, but whatever the devs did, nothing worked. They then attempted the lattice, first on the test server, now on indar, and currently they are taking a good deep look at how things play out. Heck, if the lattice would have caused big issues, then it would be pulled already.

Thats why Hossin went to the backburner. They didnt know if the lattice makes it or not. Now they know, now they can do a proper redesing of hossin with the lattice in mind.

As for the rest of the stuff: Your talking crap. The roadmap was never a "This is when this stuff will be out" list. It was a simple tool to show us right away on what they want to put in, and give direct feedback to this stuff. And it works quite well.