PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-22, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Noxxia
ReachCast Show

Re: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread

Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
Suggestion for scoring:

Too much focus is on the last 60 seconds of the match. Right now those 60 seconds are all that really matters as the score is taken at the end of the match.

I would recommend taking scores at the 5, 10 and 15 (end) minute marks. This way more emphasis is on the entire match as a whole, instead of just the end. I felt like everything we did up to the last 60 seconds really didn't matter much and I had to build my strategy around just the last 60 seconds (I believe GOTR did the same).

Everyone likes clutch moments, so maybe make the end score 15 minute mark more points or something, but there should definitely be some scoring elements during the rest of the match too.
This something I fully agree with. I feel like there is far too much emphasis on the end regarding scoring and it makes everything leading up to it meaningless. I do like taking a score at specific times though. In any good sport, scoring happens periodically, not at the bitter end. This was part of my reasoning behind 4 rounds, rather than just 2 big things, but it does make each round become a scenario where only the last 2-3 minutes seem to really matter if the territory is beyond the point of capture. This becomes worse with the 7 minute cap times, vs. the single node 4 minutes bases.

Thanks for the idea of periodic scoring! I'll see what I can't come up with that all us hosts are happy with

Last edited by Noxxia; 2013-08-22 at 11:13 AM.