PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I think the biggest problem I have with Planetside 2 is map design.
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Re: I think the biggest problem I have with Planetside 2 is map design.

Originally Posted by Mox View Post
As told numerous times before:
We need a lattice system
We need action adjusted xp gain for base captures
We need to get rid of foodholds and a return of sancs
No, we don't need a lattice system. The hex system works just fine. Most of the people in the recent 12v12 (or was it?) match were talking a long time about the hex system, and how it feels absolutely no different to us than a lattice system. Its just moving one point to another.

You need to wait until they implement lock out timers. Then, and only then will it force big fights and people to move forward.

Action adjusted XP does nothing. An infantry guy holding a point is going to get less XP than a medic running around and healing everyone in the fight, yet, both their jobs were just as important. There is no way to balance it, and its not a good idea at all.

I believe you meant footholds. Footholds, towers, same thing. They just need less of them, not get rid of them. And anyone who played planetside 1 for more than 30 minutes knows that a sanctuary is just same place for outfits to fight with themselves over where to go next while taking 2 hours to load up a galaxy. They don't need it. With the recent changes to experience and how you gain resources, warpgates work perfectly fine.
Watch as I play various FPS titles every night from 9-12 EST

Last edited by FortySe7en; 2012-10-15 at 01:23 PM.