PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
The problem with giving small outfits something to do is.. what can you possibly give a small outfit to do that a large outfit would also be able to do? What makes a specific objective more small outfit friendly? Then why can't you do that in PS2 currently? How would you go about adding something similar to the game?

If you can answer those then maybe those things you bring up will be added to PS2 in the future.

Right now a lot of the problem is like what someone else mentioned. 3 factions and only 3 continents. You get 1 or possibly 2 factions rolling in a continent and then the other will take stuff on continents that the zergs aren't focusing on. Until there are more things to do then you can't really spread out the zerg or large guilds much so they will tend to gravitate to where the bigger fights are or they will just steamroll over anything not being contested.
Easy.
If, say, blowing a tech plant gen removed tech benefit then that would be a good spec ops target and good for a small outfit, especially if it was the tech on Esamir.

If the small outfit and defended the gen the rest of teh empire could take advantage, you'd hope.

On the other hand it would also be a good target for the spec ops division of a large outfit such as Robo's, but also others and in which case the rest of their outfit could , hopefully take advantage.

The real problem, apart from spec ops oportunities, is not large outfits but inability to stop the zerg or a big outfit push. ie it's all about defensibility together with spec ops.

As I said before, I'm sure Higby et al would like for these types of things to be in the game but exactly how and when is open to speculation.

Oh and +1 for additional continents.

Further, why do some think additional continents mean that the population will be spread more widely? If that does happen (it didn't in PS1) it will become a major problem.