PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

As a tactical officer in PG, I pretty much have resolved to not even log in because all that happens is tank spam and zergside precisely because of massive outfits and large as hell numbers of people naturally grouping up anyway.

There needs to be content for smaller, more precise outfits to thrive off of where large numbers of groups and armor won't work or isn't viable.

It also wouldnt hurt if bases were defensible and required thought and planning to take something that was actively defended. Though they nerf that at every turn, so, I just see zergside every day all day for the foreseeable future and the next couple of years.

right now, large groups of people hurt the game more than help, and a lot of it has to do with quick ttk and the nature of vehicles. it wouldnt hurt to make tanks require a dedicated gunner, or to significantly lengthen their spawn timer or increase the resource cost, either, but we know Smed's two cents on any of THAT.

The nature of air v ground dominance doesn't help, either. The requirement to have a dedicated a2a group for every ground detatchment hurts small outfits that are primarily mobile/mechanised infantry, and in some cases is prohibitive for some groups that don't have people to spare.

Its a large combination of the above, and the problem is only magnified in large groups of people, outfits or zerglings alike. Until the majority of that is fixed, this problem will remain, and is only likely to become worse and worse until there is a fundemental switch in developer design/intent.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-12-20 at 04:07 PM.