PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So, there's weather. What about VIOLENT weather?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-29, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ecinev
Private

Re: So, there's weather. What about VIOLENT weather?

Originally Posted by Noivad View Post
PS 1 had Weather, but most people turned that and vegatation off for FPS. And higby did state that PS 2 will too. But Please Higby, don't let people turn it off. Have different types of rain, sleet and snow, Hurricanes, tornadoes that are random just every once in a while. Everything you get in real Life, but don't let people turn it off. keep the game realistic. If you can do it it would be really cool to see the steam come off the ground on a hot seasonal day as it evaroprates, or to see on a bush you hiding behind the water droplets on the leaves of the plant after a rain. Keep the game realistic. Don't let people turn off the effects for FPS like so many games do that gives them an advantage to those who perfer seeing the game in all its artistic wonder. Keep it realistic. Did I say that often enough. Keep it realistic please.
This...exactly this. As much as I understand some peoples PC will lack a little FPS by having the weather features on in games its wrong that I LOVED the sandstorms in PS1 ( Ishundar mainly) I couldn't enjoy it because it cut my view distance down to like 20m at best ( cool feature) but if someone turned Skydome/weather off they could see up to max which defeated the object. As such the only way to let people enjoy the awesome graphics and weather that you did/have/will work on so hard is to make it so the best you could do is lower graphics for weather itself? to lighten the load. but view distance/opacity would not be helped.