PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Systems: Save Yourself!
Thread: Systems: Save Yourself!
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-24, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Marine Six
Private

Save Yourself!

You should be able to save your self from instant death areas! By instant death areas i mean falling into a canyon and dying instantly and there is no way to save yourself. You can only carry one of these life saving devices at a time so It's not unbalanced.

Grapples: Lets say you decide to take a jump over that canyon over there on your brand new quad in your brand new armor! So you drive and launch your quad across the gap but you just missed the landing and fell back into the canyon! Obviously you don't want to die so if you act quick and fire your grapple (Hidden in your armor's glove) at the ledge and it sticks (maybe a 20-50% success rate) then you pull yourself back up and you and your new armor are saved! Too bad about your quad though.

Guaranteed to save your armor! (Not really! )
[img[http://www.tbotech.com/images/grappling-hook.jpg[/img]

Ice Axe: This is obviously for those snow/ice levels. This actually can have more than one use. One being saving your a** when you're falling down a cliff by smashing your ice axes into the glacier to slow you down. (Really does work I'm not pulling this sh** from call of duty my brother is a mountain climber.) Also after you have slowed down enough you have to use them to climb back up. (Grappling hook may also be available for this situation.)
[If you are falling too fast or use your ice axes too late you will not be able to slow down fast enough and die.]

This (might) save your life!

Emergency Parachute: If all else fails you better pull out your emergency chute! This is this only survival item that can be paired with another one. This for when you use your ice axes but you're falling to fast! Hurry! Deploy the chute! Deploy the chute! In my opinion you can only pair this with the ice axes because the grappling hook is for short range shots. (How much rope can you fit in a glove?) So once you use your chute and land at the bottom of the canyon or whatever you may be falling off of you can climb back up, that's why you need the ice axes! To climb back up!!

Quick pull the cord!!!!!

BONUS IDEA!
This Popped into my head while i was making the ice axe idea.

In the ice enviroments instead of large canyons (which there aren't that many in icy areas) we should have crevasse's because it's much more realistic!

Anyway that's my suggestion! I hope the developers consider these ideas and maybe even implement them into the game!

Hope you all enjoyed reading this!