PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Joining the PS2 Team
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: Joining the PS2 Team

One thousand congratulations to you Malorn! You have been a large inspiration for me to contribute my thoughts and ideas to the community, particularly your Manifesto. I have felt sometimes that my (albeit infrequent) number-y/wordy posts/threads have been less appreciated but your effort and the feedback/discussions generated have been an inspiration for me to take the time to share them anyway. I am extremely happy that someone has been brought on to design Planetside 2 who not only spent years playing Planetside 1 but obviously spent a large amount of time, focus, and creative thought in analyzing why certain parts worked so well and how other parts could be improved. Furthermore, you have continually shared and grown your work in conjunction with the community. I am confident that your contributions will not only help Planetside 2 feel more like Planetside, but will improve the overall gameplay experience.

I will admit that I am EXTREMELY jealous, I regularly feel like there is little else that would excite every fiber of my being every single day than to wake up and get the opportunity to go build the game that I have been craving and dreaming about for years. I would apply in a heartbeat if I thought I had an icicle's chance in hell of being hired as a remote employee because managing a tech support office by day and serving food by night doesn't quite do it for me but it gladdens my heart to see the team hire someone as committed to creating the best damn game ever made as you.

My top question is based on your experience in PS1 and PS2 thus far, what are your top five goals for this project in order of importance and why? What do you think the current or previous builds have done the best? Do you have any recommendations for someone who would like to get a job in game design? What is your favorite beer, or other alcoholic beverage if you don't enjoy beer?