PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #611
Mackenz
Private

Re: Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
I'd always put more value on non-arced weapons since dogfighting tanks will happen more than special situations. Most people will opt for the most flexible setup, meaning they could engage completely different types of units. Air is more different than infantry in that sense, thus AA.
Actually, I quite disagree - terrain height and obstacles can make direct fire useless. But I don't think that is convincing for you. Given a defense that is rounded, your will be useless in tanks.

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Don't really see how jetpacks lead to indirect fire, rather than being more twitchskill and vertical leading demanding. Btw, they won't be able of firing AV I think? So how big will infantry threat be if most classes cannot defend themselves against vehicles in general?
I meant jetpacks demonstrates the use of dimensionality to PS2, so hence hopeful for that to continue to tank loadout options.

As for AV threat by infantry, if the Phoenix is in PS2, I and my Phoenix buddies will eat your tank lunch hiding behind and using indirect fire. And the rest of my buddies will be covering my butt.

I suspect that that won't sway you to needing indirect fire on a tank though, which is nice for me and my buddies .