PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Interesting screen from Chinaside2
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: Interesting screen from Chinaside2

I can see where the Vanguard and the Prowler would have equal maneuverability because they both use track systems, Vanguard being slower can pull tighter turns while the Prowler being fast can also turn at a faster rate, but at maximum speed it would still kind of makes those turns a bit wide.

Magriders on the other hand will still 'drift' like they did in the first game that will annoy the living crap out of people I think and probably making tight turns a pain in the ass. But as was shown in the GDC videos those Magriders can get pretty high up in the air and just flat out ignore a lot of terrain problems that Vanguards and Prowlers will have to drive around.

Also being able to drive behind a boulder then slowly rise up so only the gun turret is peaking out over the top would be pretty broken so they went ahead and are keeping it on the main body of the Magrider so people don't do broken stuff like that.

Not that I like the fact that Mags won't be able to use cover like any sane person would want to when they have the least amount of armor among the three of them, but I can understand why they would do it that way.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-04-18 at 01:08 AM.