PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How to Stop 4th Empire/Spying/Sabotage?
View Single Post
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-18, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: How to Stop 4th Empire/Spying/Sabotage?

Originally Posted by megamold View Post
yeah, in eve the role of the spy is a very long one, but with potentially huge rewards and impact.
i'm geussing in ps2 the role of the spy will be a more short term one.
and its true that he doesnt have as much impact as a spy in eve,but i can see how having a good spy could still give you an edge in the war.
albeit a small edge
Unless it's a spy that's being dual-boxed for scouting I think the cost may be higher than the reward. If you have a spy that's a full time spy that's one less player you have in your squads contributing. If it's a dual-boxed alt then the spy probably isn't doing much other than scouting and keeping another pair of eyes on things.

And in PlanetSide having a spy is a bit more difficult since there are two opposing empires. You'd have to infiltrate significant organizations on both of them, and that's a lot of work and it may not pay off all that much between those organizations only being small pieces of the pie and the damage may be limiting. Having two scouting alts though, that's easy. But if scouting's all your doing it might be more beneficial to have a good infiltrator capable of doing that anytime against any target and not move alts around.

Manpower cost matters. More more rifle, one more tank, or one more aircraft is a clear advantage all the time. A chance at a small intel advantage...could just as easily have that man with you and do scouting and a lot more.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-06-18 at 08:52 AM.