PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Incoming Special founders edition
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
LexDecon
Corporal

Re: Incoming Special founders edition

As a PS1 Vet, and having played a variety of games and founded a variety of games. I.E. bought the founders pack something that has always irritated me about them is the following.

1. Re-colored standard items. If I want something to look different I'll buy that one item. I don't like "gold, silver, purple green blue, pumpkin, standard Items just to designate I'm purchased a founder package. Its still just a plain old standard item. Just colored differently.

2. "Vanity" Items. They are pointless as far as usability. Sure a Hulu girl would ROCK on my dash of a sunderer or GAL. But its pointless and more then likely going to get my sunderer/GAL blow up faster then it already does because I'm going to be paying more attention to the Hulu girl then driving/flying it. Not to mention could effect FPS.

3. Special Forum Sections. Alot of times they just aren't used, and when they are, they are full of stuff that doesn't really benefit game play.

These are my three biggest blahs.

For a Founders Pack, I'd like to see the following.

1. Customization ability. I'd love to be able to have some nonstandard Customization to vehicles, like in a previous post, a skin that is battle damaged, battle damaged armor, decals, camouflage patterns, anything that allows a little bit of a difference but doesn't make me stand out so far as some one will immediately target because I've got "Uber" stuff because I bought a founders pack. Not so much Vanity, But visual difference. No Sniper Checks please.

2. Leadership Certs. One thing I would Straight up pay for is having Leadership Certs. As an outfit leader, often leading a squad or more, having those type of Certs are a huge bonus. I'm more then willing to earn them, But having some sort of Leadership Perk or Cert in a Founders Pack would be an awesome incentive at least in my eyes. Even if its the ability to Cert one Leadership Cert Completely full.

3. One Time XP Boost Usage Item. Just like the Heal Grenades that are in game currently I would love to see a One time XP Boost or Auraxium Boost Grenade that you can toss near your squad so that they all benefit from it.

4. A Outfit Beacon, This Outfit beacon would have a once per day, use, allowing you the Founder/Outfit Leader to pick a location on the map, and drop your whole squad into that area. You don't have to be on the ground and place it, Basically its a Outfit only, Pick and drop on the map. In order to be usable You'd have to have a squad, if you do not have a squad it will not function.

5. Station Cash. self explanatory.

6. Laser Designator. I will give my left arm for a Laser Designator that is visible to Aircraft to do close air support/bombing runs with a ground spotter.

7. Field Command Options. In WWIIOnline they had a High Command, which helped drive the battle lines, helped give purpose and direction to the "Zerg", It was a submit an application and had to prove you where capable and go through a training program before you even where allotted field command.

Something I would love to see in PS2 is along this line. a High Command Function. By placing this in the Founder Pack, you'll reduce some of the issues of "just being high command because I killed a lot of people." When you purchase the Founders pack you receive a "Commission" this Commission opens up Certs to become a Field Leader, basically you have the ability through Forum and in game activities to help drive the conflict and shape the battlefield for your faction. It may not be the best idea to have it a buy item, but more of a submit an application type thing. But I do feel PS2 needs something along these lines.

8. Chem Lights. Right now your going but seriously think about it. Its unique slightly different. Can be useful but not something that would break the game. Having a Chemlight that you can use every so often, toss in a room, or even carry at night would be pretty cool. and Useful in a variety of ways.

9. GPS. We have a form of a Compass on top of the mini map if your on foot, (hoping they apply it to aircraft and vehicles as well) but what would be great is a Grid System, and if you purchase a Founders Pack you get a GPS that auto populates your current location and when you go into Map view it allows you to point and click grid locations.

10. Planetside 2 Challenge Coin. Military tradition, Units have always had them. I think if Planetside 2/SOE had a Challenge Coin, you'd see a trend of potentially outfits start having Challenge coins. To take it one step further having the ability to issue a "challenge coin" virtually from outfit to outfit would be awesome. I could see an Outfit leader giving an exceptional member a virtual challenge coin, or even giving one across faction lines for an exceptional outfit that did an outstanding defense/offense, showed excellent fighting spirit etc. Not so much an individual thing, but if you buy the Founder pack you receive a "Founder Challenge Coin" and the outfit challenge coin option.

This is all I can think of at the moment. If I think of anything else I'll add it to the list. Again this is just ideas I'd like to see in a founders pack/generally. My opinion and mine alone, I don't speak for any one else.

Thanks!

Last edited by LexDecon; 2012-09-05 at 09:51 AM.