PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: The PlanetSide 2 on Playstation 4 MEGA THREAD
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-13, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Re: The PlanetSide 2 on Playstation 4 MEGA THREAD

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Wanted to touch on a couple things real quick.

When you release an update on the Playstation Network there is an entire process of their QA and distribution approval that needs to happen, it's a great system don't get me wrong, but we don't want to handcuff PC updates in order to keep the servers in sync.
I'd be willing to pay that price in order to keep the community and the player base together, and so should you be. It's lasted for more than a decade. It'd be a sad waste to split it up now.

My reasons are strategic as well as sentimental. One enterprise software platform with bifurcate versions for a bifurcate user base is *always* a fucking nightmare. I've written the user documentation for them, I've acted as tier one/two tech support for the users, and it's a nightmare, Higs.

Keep us together. Move heaven and earth to make it so. Offer Station Credits to every PS4 user who buys a mouse and keyboard. They won't be at a disadvantage twitch-wise, they'll be able to cert lethal shinies right off to compete with all the BR 50's and 90's, and Sony will sell a lot more peripherals. Don't take one horse off the cart just because it moves a bit slower. Keep them together and pulling in the same direction. Buffer up the PC patches and release them as the PS4 patches go out. You've just told the whole world there's no technical reason this can't be done.

Give the console jockeys Smedbucks, give them some kind of cockamamie aim-assist, do whatever you have to, but KEEP THE COMMUNITY INTACT and KEEP THOSE SERVERS FULL. Please. You can guarantee exciting mass battles for years to come... or you can be stuck with two slowly-dwindling player bases that will thin out every time some shiny new FPS hits the market. We NEED that critical mass of people, and we need it to be sustainable. Size always matters.... remember?

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2013-06-13 at 02:51 PM.