PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Selling leet account!!!
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ipimpnoobs
Sergeant

Re: Selling leet account!!!

If things stay the way they currently are...

1) Login
2) Make Character(s)
3) Sit AFK X Months
4) Profit

It works in EVE because there is actual time, effort and possibly even real money being put into a character for resale. Here, it won't work as what's needed to improve a character is made passively with no effort, real money and only time.

Nice try hosp. But, actually if you did not play your PS2 acct. and allowed the time xp to tick it, would stop every 24 hours first off, requiring the player to login again to start the passive xp tick.

In eve, you cert'd the same why you do here except, you didn't get the benefit of the cert immediately once you are able to acquire it with Battle points. You would then need to wait a duration of time as your eveonline char needed to train real time. This real time training could be anywhere from 5mins to 45 days per cert training completion.

PS2 is very relaxed regarding this. Also, the only thing isk is good for is purchasing items in game but it would never increase how fast your char trains.

So theoretically you can say both games will allow training without real money, but there is a catch. How long does it take to level a character with passive training ticking and no in-game battle xp? I'm sure it's years depending on what specialization you decide to grind out. So ..it would work and be profitable.

In the end, if it's possible at all, it's far to early to tell. But if character development doesn't change much, character sale will be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

What do you mean by irrelevant? Did I miss something that was going to happen in the grand scheme?

It will take 3 to 7 years of grinding battle xp to have a character fully trained in ps2. If you think for a second, players wont have multiple accounts, I have some beach front property in Arizona I'll sell you for $5. With that said, there are a lot of people that will not grind like myself for years, but would happily pay $1k for high certified PS2 char. You can make a living with games like this, there are plenty of people in eveonline who do. With the EULA rules in affect. The only thing that matters is if SOE wants to capitalize on it as well.

Let me know if you need a pay pal account.