PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "A Striker rocket is stronger than a Decimator rocket."
View Single Post
Old 2003-08-04, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Nixon
Corporal

Originally posted by Queensidecastle
The striker is a bullshit weapon. It is actually most effective at killing the things that it shouldnt be getting locks on in the first place. Namely aircraft and MAXs. The Striker is not AA and will get nerfed when the AA changes go in. Lets just hope they nerf the insta lock onto MAXs, and... Yes, I had the striker Cert for quite some time, its friken bullshit how easy it is to drop MAXs and aircraft
If you would, please tell me what AA weapon exists for infantry... Ok, now that you're speechless, let me remind you what PlanetSide strives for... diversity, so that each empire's weapons are effective in different manners.

Your Vanu Lancer fires in a straight line and any person with a steady hand can easily whip out stationary targets with little effort compared to a striker, which has a target lock range limit that isn't equal to your viewing distance and when fired in dumbfire mode is pretty inaccurate when aiming at wall turrets. Because you claim to have used the weapon, I won't remind you that you can't lock onto wall turrets because the rounds will just hit the base and do no damage unless you get creative with your firing. The Phoenix can be shot from the backside of a tower, over a base wall and right into an enemy AMS with no fear of getting shot back at anytime soon.

The Lancer and Phoenix are excellent distance AV weapons that can be fired with little risk to the user. Against moving targets, they rely on one's reflexs to keep the target in their curser while they fire. The Striker is capable of locking onto a target, which makes it great in up-close battles where nothing is blocking the user's view of a target, as well as against aircraft who are dumb enough to fly high and slow so as to place nothing between them and a Striker user.

From your distgruntled stance, I'm assuming you probably play as a Vanu MAX who has been killed by Strikers far too often. It's called balancing... just like infantry will run from a MAX they're aren't equipped to attack, a MAX should run or kill very quickly somebody who knows how to handle their AV weapon, no matter the faction. You need to accept that there is no single weapon in this game that makes you effective against everything (post-lasher nerf patch that is) and you need to pick your battles and run from something you can't handle.

The NC have a great up-close weapon called the Jackhammer that can chew through targets unfortunate to be close by, an AV weapon that can keep the user safe and fly over walls. The VS have a wonderful and devestating short to medium-range weapon called the Lasher that'll eat up anything with two legs, a hover tank that'll run over those that make it away, and an AV weapon that fires straight and doubles as a sniper rifle. The TR sports an AV weapon that'll follow a vehicle in the open, a great selection of MAXs when compared to other empires, and verstile vehicles that are a combination of speed and firepower, rather then leaning towards the extremes in any direction.

Learn what to run from and when it's time to run... you won't win every fight, and nobody will care about your whining when you're dead.