PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux
Thread: Gameplay: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-28, 04:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #315
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux

Well the thing with a huge amount of firepower is that players would not have time - and would get bored of - firing at the same huge target all the time and see their efforts not pay off. And I mean, these things would have to last to do their job of a "mobile support base" in the first place.

So automated defenses might be an idea, but that would require them to get close (and such defenses active - I would wager spec ops could take these out or a base hack or something would).

I haven't played through the Titanmode in BF2142, but from what I understood that game was played more in stages of combat per map? You'll have to provide a scenario here if you could. Either way, I'm not sure if that works if the map isn't designed around that.

As for AA Sundies... Eh, it's an option. But I'd rather see AA platforms on a dedicated two crew vehicle. (My idea for AA would be a halftrack with quad machine gun, Patriot missiles (akin to Sparrow from PS1) and Starfire missiles. And of course a Skyguard flak variant too.

But a dedicated cannon or SCUD launcher type thing could be done I suppose (though I doubt many people would want to pull such a dedicated unit unless it's REALLY lucrative to or they (grudgingly?) have to - also doubt it would last long in a battlefield like PS2). This is one of the things I miss in Baneblade's design though: dedicated countermeasures.

Last edited by Figment; 2014-05-28 at 05:03 AM.