PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Naval Warfare and Potential "Continent"
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-15, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Naval Warfare and Potential "Continent"

I know you probably spent a while on this, but any concept which requires special continents and removes land warfare and the infantry, ground, and air trinity isn't going to work well in Planetside. It's on par with the numerous other naval threads and space combat threads where people introduced new vehicles to make their concept work and focused on primarily on powerful multicrew vehicles. Also I feel water should be a hazard and not something used for gameplay. (The fact that the VS can still possibly hover over it is bad enough and hurt your concept).

Also you make a comment that "ships are fun" which is extremely subjective. I don't find driving a boat in a game enjoyable at all.

Your list of downsides should have given you a hint that something locked to only water is going to have problems in a game with ever-shifting front lines. You also don't want vehicles to be useless in most of the continents.

Also as much as I hate jumping to conclusion your designs sound more overpowered than a BFR.