PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-10, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
LostSoul

Re: Matt higby doing a q&a at redit!

Originally Posted by kklkit View Post
Has anyone asked about the concerns regarding uncapturable foothold?
-Can we camp the foothold?
-How larger is a foothold?
-Can we capture a continent like we could in the original PlanetSide?
-If not, what is the condition required to shift the fight from one continent to another?
-Since each faction has their own foothold on each continent, I guess there won't be 1 on 1 (faction) fight?
I'll try to answer this to the best of my knowledge so far, but do please correct me if i'm wrong.

-Can we camp the foothold?
Yes and no, some footholds will be bunkers/tower/facilities/open landscapes and I imagine you will be able to "camp" some them easier then others -as in defending those points with (a) smaller squad(s)-.

But with the territorial control system i doubt you want to sit still and "camp".

-How large is a foothold?
They are still working on the hex-grid, and the sizes might vary over time, territories will be able to shift arround.

-Can we capture a continent like we could in the original PlanetSide?
I highly doubt this, since each faction will have their own foothold the best you can do will be "locking" them in their foothold.

-If not, what is the condition required to shift the fight from one continent to another?
It looks like they have opted for a more open approach where the fight evolves over multiple continents at the same time. What it looks like to me is that you'll just be able to go to a continent with your squad (or solo) and start conquering.

-Since each faction has their own foothold on each continent, I guess there won't be 1 on 1 (faction) fight?

Its possible ofcourse, multiple war fronts on the same continent versus the different empire.

Just imagine the footholds as big circles in a triangle, where these circles overlap each other different fights will happen, some will be versus 1 empire, and some would be versus both opposing empires.

Last edited by LostSoul; 2011-07-10 at 09:53 AM.