PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Friday Night Ops EP39 Resource System Q&A Tonight
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-27, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Friday Night Ops EP39 Resource System Q&A Tonight

As for the feedback:

The overall impression is a bit mixed after the Q&A. My thoughts:
  • The focus of the new system lies too deeply in the economical part of the game, which I don't think is a good concept. I base this off the Tech Plant statement and continental benefits statement.
  • Vehicle "donation" is not a bad thing at all, I don't see why everyone on the dev team keeps seeing it as a problem.
  • Sunderer is too durable to be an ANT, there needs to be a separate vehicle for that or a trailer mechanic.
  • Random energy spawners are a good idea, with the lattice system, it will add a bit of randomness.
  • There should be a way to tie the (unconnected) territory control into the resource system, if no other means to alter the battleflow are implemented.
  • I still don't understand how the resources are delivered to an end-user, from what I can tell so far, the new system isn't going to be different from the old system at all, since the resources will still feel perpetual...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-07-27 at 09:10 AM.