PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Creating Specialization within PS2s Class System; A solution
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-02, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Re: Creating Specialization within PS2s Class System; A solution

Originally Posted by Realmofdarkness View Post
I personally dont like the idea to lock something out. I as a player would like to have the possibility to explore all the classes and play styles without having to play on different servers. I dont really see why there is a problem that players can switch hat after situation. A better solution in my opinion would then be that certs becomes more expensive the more certs you have. So you really have to pick those you love first(to get them cheap) and to get the last ones you will need to save a lot of money to get.
Well you can't argue with personal likes and dislikes. Although I would say that the system I suggested does not close off a players ability to try out all the different play styles and classes, it's only deep specializations that require you also lose something, and even then it's not permanent you can change at a cost of those certs invested in that Specialization. What it really prevents is you being able to access everything on a whim, it doesn't prevent a player exploring all possibilities on a single character over time.

As to your suggestion certs becoming more expensive progressively as you get more and more certs: This would be an improvement over the current system, but ultimately without a hard cap (or a soft cap that is soo steep as to be the same thing) in that sort of system your only delaying the problem not solving it.