Thread: Outfit Bonuses
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-25, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Re: Outfit Bonuses

Personally, I think outfit base ownership just wouldn't work very well if the world is mostly structured as PS1 is.
The highly limited number of bases and game play that mostly revolves around capturing bases means that very few outfits will be able to own one. Let alone own it for any period of time.

If combat didn't revolve around capping bases with such regularity and the number of bases was much higher I can see something in it.

The other is what benefits would owning a base a continent away really give an outfit?
In the absence of various economic endeavors or bonuses a base might enable...there'd be no reason to own it except pride...and that's not worth all that much when these things are traded between empires all the time.

(Contrast with EVE again...stations are enablers of deep space economies and fights are not completely centered around capturing them...there'd be no reason to care much about them without benefits)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.