PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Daybreak Games Hit With Layoffs, Matt Higby resigns
View Single Post
Old 2015-02-16, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Re: Daybreak Games Hit With Layoffs, Matt Higby resigns

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Matt Higby leaving SOE only makes p0intman right in p0intman's world.

If you had predicted the exact day and set of events down to a T then I'd be impressed. But that did not happen.. also the game isn't dead for everyone - people are still playing it. Is it as successful as it could be? Definitely not.

The game was dead before it even came out for PS1 vet's who couldn't see past the original game.
I said, during pre-alpha and beta:

"This design wont work and will hurt the game. It isn't sustainable."

... look at exactly where we are now.

I think that qualifies as, 'I told you so' territory. If it were sustainable, PS/SOE/DB wouldn't be in the position its currently in, would it?

P.S.: the absolutely beautiful thing about the truth is that its true completely regardless of weather or not you like it, believe it or want to admit it. You, personally, along with a few others discounted what I and others said, and continue to do so, for whatever fanboyish reasons. I, on the other hand, stick to facts and experience. Its really just feels vs reals. If Battlefield of duty-side were entertaining, the game wouldn't be in the state its in, with growing numbers of people seeing how bland it is.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2015-02-16 at 02:13 PM.