PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Nvidia GTX 680 Launch
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-23, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Nvidia GTX 680 Launch

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Chaff you still haven't made your rig. Whats up with the delay??!

I think it would be doable. Just have to do the demo or whatever in one of the larger type of fights that prove to be most demanding. HardOCP used to bench WoW, AoC, and I think a few other MMOs.

I have $2,500 cash to spend today - but I know you'd crack the side of my head if I spent more than 1/2 that.

I'm still trying to infer what will run PS2 at (or near) optimal levels. I've talked myself off the ledge many times (as far as $y$tem overkill).

Right or wrong, I expect to go with one 680, 2600K, Z68MB, SRT w/SSD, and then reuse my PSU, my old CM Stacker, and drives....keep everything around (or ideally under) $1,200. Air-cooled with plenty of efficient fan placement....in a room with a small dedicated A/C to keep the room chilly......since I plan on OC'ng everything I can.

I'm hedging my bet regarding when PS2 will be released. If I knew Beta was exactly two weeks away, I'd put my PS2 rig together today. I could use a bigger HD....and that market is still recovering from the floods. The longer I wait - the more sytem I get for my money. I'm ready to pounce, but I have no reason to rush my build. It's PS2 driven.

I have developed an itchy trigger finger.

Last edited by Chaff; 2012-03-23 at 11:16 AM.