PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - In-Game News Correspondents: What do you think?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-30, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: In-Game News Correspondents: What do you think?

Originally Posted by ThirdCross View Post
Stardouser your making this way more complicated than it should be. Just allow people who are designated war correspondents the ability to spectate people who volunteer to be spectated. Think of the spectate mechanic that's in most FPSs.
That's what I said in the first place, to spectate, minus the volunteer thing,which I never heard of . Then, after the doomsayers said 1 guy able to ghost all 3 teams would obviously then cheat, I changed it to a journalist that can only see one empire at a time(making you need 3 per server) and he has a physical presence so that people can see him, this was for the purpose of keeping him honest(ie, people could tell if he was doing something he shouldn't). People kept getting caught up the invulnerable thing, of course he would be invulnerable, spectating ghosts can't be killed either, can they? But you also can't see people who are spectating and THAT was the purpose of giving them a physical body.

Originally Posted by The Desert Fox View Post
War correspondents aren't invulnerable and don't "Spectate" people IRL. You have a camera man follow around a News guy, and they are attached to military units. Make it as real as possible, just do your best not to die.
This was all about allowing them the tools to do the job. This isn't about realism. This is a video game, suddenly making it a realistic for the guy documenting stuff makes zero sense. You also don't want to make it frustrating for the people trying to do it, or you'll find the list of people willing to do it quite thin.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-03-30 at 04:18 PM.