PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Tribes F2P Business Model - PS2 Impact
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-30, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Re: Tribes F2P Business Model - PS2 Impact

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
The 'sucker' bit was just for effect.

Parents these days understand pay to play games. Explaining station cash to a parent isn't going to be any more difficult than explaining why you have to pay $15/month for the game you just paid $50 for at the store. Plus, if the kid is savvy they will just hit their parents up for a moderate one time purchase to get a lil station cash, rather than trying to go to the well for several smaller amounts. The amount of money isn't really the issue, it's about getting convincing the parent to use the credit card in the first place. Besides, kids these days can go out and buy themselves a prepaid visa with their allowance. It's 2012!

Really though, who gives a shit about the children. For every so many youngens there will be so many adults (and I use that term loosely) with disposable income that will be perfectly willing to spend money on this crap. Including me.

I'm all about getting the lowest price possible, but I'm not above spending money on stupid shit that has no real value. There's a lot of man-children like me out there.
Station Cash cards are actually readily available in large chain retail stores across the US like Walmart. This model has proven effective in a number of games, and we are confident consumers will feel there is value in their purchase.