PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Crux - The elite air combat outfit [NA]
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-21, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Boof
Private

Misc Info
Crux - The skilled air combat outfit [NA EAST]

Our History:
Hello, my name is Boof (Boofed, TheRealBoof) and I was previously recruiting for the Planetside 2 outfit "Crux." In Planetside 1 I was a Blue Lion Senior Officer and held 6~7 years of experience under my belt. I enjoyed my time with the Blue Lions conducting ops, dropping from galaxies, and vanguard raiding. I always felt something lacking, though, and that was some serious air raids.

The outfit Crux is no longer in existence. As I entered college as a freshman I realized I would not be capable of running an outfit all by myself as well as keep up on my studies. I have decided to rejoin the Blue Lions who have a capable air cavalry. If you are interested in joining the Blue Lions' air cav division, you should read this quote:

Close Air Support (CAS)
While functioning as Close Air Support, Air Cav will focus on strikes against enemy units that are in relative proximity to our own forces. These strikes will typically be conducted on request from ground forces. Ideally this function will be performed by Liberators or Rocket-pod armed reavers, though a sufficient number of gun-only reavers can provide limited CAS. Under certain circumstances, these strikes may be performed on installations or targets that are a significant distance from friendly forces. This still falls under CAS however, as the targets will be relayed from command units on the ground.

Combat Air Patrol (CAP)
Combat Air Patrol is a squadron of aircraft deployed to protect a target area, friendly ground force, or friendly asset such as an AMS/Sunderer. There are several types of CAP missions, but this role will fall entirely to reavers as liberators are not well suited for the necessary air-to-air engagements while flying this type of mission. To maximize response time and effectiveness, CAP missions are flown with flight wings at different altitudes to provide both high and low altitude coverage.
- Taken directly from the Blue Lions forums

If this interests you, I highly encourage you to join up with them! You can access the forums by requesting registration in a forum post once you create an account.

I apologize for letting everyone who was previously in Crux down. I really would have liked to see us all in the sky and have our own truly epic moments. However, my studies have to come first -- before video games.

Yours truly,
~Boof (Boofed)

Last edited by Boof; 2012-11-26 at 10:32 AM.