PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Deployed Galaxy Spawning
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Deployed Galaxy Spawning

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
I have to say that I'm not quite sure either why AMS had to go and replace with Galaxy being the new equivalent with no cloak.

However, I've accepted that and I rather spend my resources and times trying to come up how to make the Galaxy idea viable.

1) OSs have been confirmed to be in, they are probably a major problem for Galaxys cos they can been. It's however very easy to make Galaxy resistant to OS damage so that it's not the primary way of taking a Galaxy down

OS's won't be in at launch and won't be a command function. Most likely an outfit function that will cost resources.

2) It's been mentioned they want the Galaxy to actually be defended by real players. That said, they could easily make the mannable turrets like the wall turrets in PS1, so that they have some lazy AI to them that might be enough to keep some single enemy aircraft from destroying it all alone.

This is how it should be. Don't forget that game mechanics are completely different and such extra measures may be over the top. Properly equipped units will do their job well.

3) They can make a deployed gal extremely tough even if it would be weak in air or when undeployed. Since it wont be cloaking, the easiest way is probably with a strong shield (much like the one players have) that only activates when the Galaxy is deployed. Then it's just a matter of finetuning stats so that it takes fairly much firepower to bring a deployed Galaxy down, but still so that it's possible.
As I always said about AMS's, there is no reason they DESERVE to live long. Protect them. They should not be guaranteed a long lifespan and frankly, making them OS resistant is just ridiculous.

www.planetside-devildogs.com