PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Improvement: Galaxy Deployment Stored Nanite Levels
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-29, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zekeen
Major

Galaxy Deployment Stored Nanite Levels

Here's a bit of an odd idea to pass through you guys that I've been thinking on. As we all know, Galaxies will be able to deploy almost anywhere like an AMS could, just not cloaked. This means that, while flying makes em easy to spot, they can just land right up close ANYWHERE and start deploying infantry and equipment for said infantry. This idea will limit this, while giving a few idea from PS1 new meaning in PS2.

Galaxy Nanite Levels - The Galaxy has an exhaustible supply of nanites that are used to pop out soldiers and equipment.

Every time a soldier spawns on the galaxy, nanites are used, and every time they take equipment, nanites are used. Galaxies will have a set nanite level that can be recharged at bases for those that survive their deployment. On top of this, add an ANT like vehicle that carries nanites and can be parked near a Galaxy to give it a heavy reload of nanites and be used as a sort of storage when stationary and deployed, making it's stores connected directly with the Galaxy. This means that while a Galaxy can sneakily deploy anywhere, it's limited to how many it can deploy. But one with an ANT deployed with it will be able to sustain much larger raids against enemy forces.

On top of balancing out Galaxy/AMS hybrid use, this would allow a balanced use of a Galaxy mod that would be weird otherwise. Galaxy's that deploy VEHICLES (of certain smaller variety and with taking a prep time before each vehicle due to the constraints of a micro vehicle bay). Imagine while a soldier and equipment could cost 200 nanites, deploying a Quad could cost 2000, or maybe 10,000 nanites for a Lightning tank. A MAX might be 500-1000 nanites in that case, and it would balance the idea of an outfit of MAX users zerging a base from the start of the deployment. A Galaxy would have maybe 10,000 nanites on it's own, giving it about 50 soldier spawns, 10 MAX armors, and one lightning.

Well, that's a small strange idea I had in order to balance the placement of troop spawns everywhere. It's probably not too well polished in the long run, but I hope it gives some ideas into the oddity of Galaxy deployments.