PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What a travisty
Thread: What a travisty
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Re: What a travisty

I don't usually come right out and agree with Warborn, as he tends to be of the party who, while being of relatively the same opinion as me on many political points, takes it to realms of kookiness I don't normally strive to, but I have to back him up here.

If you don't want to pay taxes, you don't have to. You can fashion a boat for yourself and take to the sea, living off the bounty of the ocean until you find some unclaimed island. There are numerous accounts of people living long, full lives on their own when stranded on islands. In fact, if you read some of the firsthand accounts, you'll find that many of them, aside from the loneliness, noted a marked improvement in their health. (One guy even ended up getting rid of his shoes, and found that he could run at a sprint through thick jungle; the pads of his feet became so tough).

Or you could wander into the wilderness, naked and possessing nothing, and fashion your own shelter, clothes, hunting weapons, and live off the land. It's 100% doable and there are people who make a hobby out of doing very much that; just returning to the wild for a little while; you can just make that your life. There are many places in the world where you would have ample privacy. You could just disappear.

you choose not to, because that would be inconvenient. I'm with ya; I wouldn't want to either. so I pay taxes, because I like cars, and roads, and police and such. I choose these things.