PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-05, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
I agree with what you say...LMG's are absolutely the kings in close/meduim range where most infantry battles take place. This is why giving the HA and speed buff advantage is even more ridiculous.

The whole magazine clip thing, sure VS has less bullets but like you said they have quicker reload times. Personally I gotten use to guns with less bullets and I like the fact I can reload much faster...It's not really negative.

The problem I have with it is that their isn't Empire Faction Traits in HA.

Like I said the Orion weapon has Highest RoF/33% speed buff/Good Bullet Velocity...Their is no HA weapon in the TR side that beats in any of that except bullet velocity but you need to sacrifice RoF...It's just a lot of little advantages which all add up...They are king in head to head battles.

So if their was 33% speed buff for the Orion but the RoF was less, then maybe I would understand the whole empire faction traits argument.

However looking at the bigger picture, Infantry battle wise, 33% speed buff on HA is just overkill for any other Class going up against them....I mean not only do you have to deal with the Shield/LMG weapons that are amazing in close/Medium distances but now the guy with the shield could out strafe you...Thats a big deal. So in that sense, I think that is really wrong.
As i argued before, i agree that the 33% speed buff is very strong and that it is a large part of why I think VS LMGs are the best overall, but still I don't think it is a huge imbalance, definitely not game breaking.

The biggest issue with classes going up against heavies is resist shield + nano-weave. A heavy rocking that combo should not loose to any any other class, or any heavy not suited up the same. You take this incredibly strong set up and stick a .75 lmg in their hand, then yes you have a killing machine. However you have to think they will tone down resist shield at some point, and then the speed buff wont be as noticeable as you wont have to land the absurd amount of bullets it takes atm to drop a resist/nano heavy. That would be the root of the problem from my perspective.

Also keep in mind that their is suppose to be a weapons balance pass coming up.