PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why I quit PS1
Thread: Why I quit PS1
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Re: Why I quit PS1

Originally Posted by Runlikethewind View Post
I don't know. You talk about tactics and counter tactics then you give up and quit when someone else comes up with a counter to your counter. Its a game not real life, you play the rules of the game not some fake idea about how the game should be. You want to delay them? why not deploy an ams right outside the backdoor? As soon as they roll up they'll do the same thing anyone in PS1 does when they see an enemy ams, the shoot it, buying you several seconds of delay. Then they OS you're deployables, just like you should have known they would, and rush the backdoor. And what do they find on the other side? A pile of boomers. You don't even need to be on the trigger, just seeing those boomers will cause them to stop and deal with them (and I'm pretty sure they would not have been taken out by the OS since they would be inside, although I could be wrong). Point is, if you're so into strategy and counter strategy why quit when you fail, why not come up with a new strategy? Even if they didn't OS a good squad would have sent in some reavers or something to take out your deployables moments before they pull up. Another counter strategy to your strategy. Really what I see in your op is this http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playi...-survivor.html Scrub.
When you compare some thinking in placement, time taken, certifications involved, etc... to build the defence, and ... getting your CUD out and clicking on a button.... it's rather obvious.
The EMP/OS thing has been put in place for the lazies.
Add to this the current availability of all this due to how stupid the CR system is, and you get frustration by people seeing their work easily dispatched without even more than 2 seconds of thinking and a click of a mouse. It's not like OS or EMP is anything advanced (please, don't even come up with the term "tactic" for this).

It's rather strange from a game design perspective, to put in place a whole content on defense and deployables setup, taking time to do, all this to give all tools to nullify all in seconds without an ounce of effort. Well, if you don't see how stupid it is (again, from a game design perspective)... I don't know. Just an example for me of "catering to the lowest common denominator" ("Oh, noes, taking out all these deployables is going to take sooo much time!!! ** sob sob **" )