PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: For EU Players: Win a trip to SOE Live
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-09, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: For EU Players: Win a trip to SOE Live

Originally Posted by Kanum View Post
Can you be the first person in this thread to explain how the NC scores had any relevance whatsoever to whether a TR/VS player won the competition?
Of course not, as you know that wasn't the point of the event nor the point of my post. Pro7 at least got that portion of the event correct, take the top scoring player per empire instead of the top three overall. You could have held the event in the middle of an open field with knives only and in the end one NC, one TR and one VS player would have won a ticket to SOE Live.

My issue is with the stream itself and the relevancy of torokf's post.

Setting up the event in such a manner (faction owned biolab) made the stream worthless, even if the commentary was able to continue throughout the stream (there was almost dead silence in the portion I watched, just following around some random NC guy the entire time). Pro7 will need to step it up if they want to continue to stream event's like this in the future. Otherwise just turn the whole thing off and just announce the winners. As far as I'm concerned the entire event was a farce from a spectator's point of view.

As for torokf's post, the entire thing isn't irrelevant, ScatMAX in a bio is the only way for the NC to go, in an event like this or not. That the scores turned out the way that they did is purely asinine and indicative of a larger problem.

You got your ticket so you obviously don't care. I was never going to get a ticket (I'm American), my only interest was watching some of the best players from the EU servers fight each other. You got yours, those of us watching got cheated.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Last edited by bpostal; 2013-07-09 at 06:49 PM. Reason: spelling