PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Any Shredder Liberator Pilots Here?
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-07, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Any Shredder Liberator Pilots Here?

Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
Just gonna say, the Zephyr is superior in every way. Shredder is pretty worthless.
The reason I play Shredder:

1. It's universal. Gives a fighting chance against aircraft and rips ground rather good. Not as good as the cannons, but still.
2. It's risky. And thus, more fun. You have to get close with it to get high reward, otherwise your gunner won't make much kills.
3. It's fair to Ground. Well, can't really call it fair, especially against infantry, but it does give them a better fighting chance.

In all fairness, most people just forget that the fun should come from playing, not farming. Of course it is fun for some to see his K/D rise with every shell fired, but to me - it's not entertaining at all.

I mean - compare it to the feeling of a successful raid on a Sunderer in a Shredder Liberator, taking damage, flying away, being nearly intercepted by an enemy ESF and defeating it to sticking to the zerg and bombing every spawnroom possible and you'll realise what is more fun.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.