PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Improvement: Buggy implementation - for the future
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-29, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

Re: Buggy implementation - for the future

I'd love to see a buggy in this game. First off though, your idea for an 'Engineer' type buggy; would that not be better suited for the Quad?

I think the buggy should only be 3-5 man, any higher and it would make the Sunderer look slightly undesirable.

The general description of the buggy should be that it has very low armor (somewhere in between Flash and Lightning). Has a slightly slower acceleration than the Flash, but a slightly higher top speed. One shot from a MBT will bring it to around 10% health.

I think the buggy should be a highly versatile vehicle, able to equip itself for very specific purposes.

1. Standard (harasser): 3-man vehicle, as described in the OP.

2. Transport: 5-man vehicle, as described in the OP. Just as fast, but no mounted-weapons.

3. Infiltrator: 3-man vehicle, has no weapons, but is nearly impossible to detect due to its speed and stealth.

4. Support: 3-man vehicle, able to deploy and turn into a limitless ammo dispenser and health terminal. Alternatively can also be turned into more of a sensor jammer or radar station, which either keeps friendlies off the map or detects bad guys.