PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Creating Specialization within PS2s Class System; A solution
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-03, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Yenni
Corporal

Re: Creating Specialization within PS2s Class System; A solution

Truth.

If everyone can be everything (everything being all the certs that make you more effective) Than pretty soon It'll be just like Battlefield.

I understand that's not neccessarily a bad thing.

But that's not what I think planetside should be about.

WoW isn't about being able to switch to any class you want during the given situation. It's about "Owning" your class and realizing that it's not that your class CAN'T do what the other classes CAN do, but your class CAN do what they CAN'T.

Otherwise their's no sense of self. Nothing to take pride in. Instead of Crack spec-ops infiltrator, or a battle-hardnend shock trooper heavy assault, or a always reliable tide-turning medic, or high-risk/high reward shield-dropping/ flank destroying light assault, or a stalwart every-ready engineer.

Your just another dude logging on to a Battlefield match...eruh...I mean ps2 server

EDIT: What he means by specialization only mattering to be people "fresh off the boat" is new-players can only cert into a one specialty at a time to be the most effect, but after a while they can start up the next "talent tree" and the next one and the next one until they've grabbed everything worth having.

Last edited by Yenni; 2012-10-03 at 06:58 PM.