PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - They nerfed the Galaxy....for better or worse.
View Single Post
Old 2002-11-26, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

To get 1-shotted by ye ol "ion enema", they have to hit you in the back. So don't turn your back on them. Simple. It'll take much longer for them to kill you with the lance than it does for you to kill them with a disk/mortar/chaingun/anything else.

And if you turn off the music (or turn it way down), you'll always hear their footsteps (plus maybe a cloak pack, jammer, whatever), so they'll never be able to sneak up on you. The moment you hear ANYONE behind you, turn around.

Actually, it's still possible to get behind someone without being heard, it's just HARD. You have to come in from above, and cut your jetpack before you're close enough to be heard... and that means you don't get to make any course corrections. Like I said: HARD. You've also got to arm the lance well away from your target.

And if they're haning out near a friendly turret... you're just screwed. The moment a turret starts tracking you, your victime knows there's a hostile around, and has a good idea of where. If you turn on your jammer to keep the turrets off ya, they hear that. The only thing you can do is to get someone ELSE to kill the turret for ya.

I LOVE the shocklance. Waxing some porky bastard in one shot is one of those moments of gaming ecstasy we all look for but so seldom find. Makes me feel better about all the times I got spattered by someone spamming with their mortar.

Last edited by NapalmEnima; 2002-11-26 at 02:03 PM.