PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Wow. This place really died, eh?
View Single Post
Old 2014-12-22, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Wow. This place really died, eh?

The problem with anything powerful is not that it's powerful, but frequency and volume of use.

I was a major Sunderer user, but I thought the EMP blast, though a good addition in itself, was overpowered due to being available every 30s. I made a point of it driving around an enemy CY honking and blasting without gunners on board. Best was 9 laps in a full CY.

See, having a discussion about such features is easy. We could have had say longer OS timers related to the amount of CR5s online per day. But in PS2, we're talking of a potential of 2000 CR5s. But PS1 Devs were pretty much non-existent for most the period of its existence. We would be happy if we got one. Unless it was Brewko. Tbh. I know he meant well and I respect him for that, but he did more harm than good with his ideas. Especially things like giving aircraft more hitpoints late in the game, throwing away all other balance instead of simply adjusting the Wasp's gun/missiles as that was the reason to change, BR40 and Black Ops...

You could tell that completely different devs than the original set worked on it for most the time, cause the later devs (except for Beady) lacked vision and understanding. Beady came in late, was INCREDIBLY eager to learn and cooperate, had very creative ideas and realised you couldn't just put any idea in.

I think it's also important to realise that the original devs did have the option to put jetpacks on troops, but chose not to put jetpacks on any unit that could open doors, thereby evading basic defenses without help from others. In fact, the concept of doors already weighs heavily on what happened in PS2. We got shields now, but shields have a completely different dynamic. But as P0intman says, explaining the implications of one choice or a combination of choices over another requires so much explaining...

Last edited by Figment; 2014-12-22 at 07:37 PM.