PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Jimmy Whisenhunt AMA
Thread: News: Jimmy Whisenhunt AMA
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Notturno
Private

Re: Jimmy Whisenhunt AMA

Thanks for doing this AMA Jimmy! Here's a few questions, don't feel obligated to answer all of them, consider it a grab bag.

Does PlanetSide 2 feature a predictable form of recoil? I have played other games where the recoil feels "random," in the sense that it bounces in random directions rather than a predictable pattern that allows me to reliably compensate. Am I crazy, or is having a predictable form of recoil more desirable than a "random" pattern?

I am no expert on routing, but I do know that most of the United States piping for the internet routes through major hubs like Chicago and Dallas. Do you believe that latency will play a major factor in PlanetSide 2, or will net code and lag compensation allow for reliable hit detection?

What are your thoughts on the competitive FPS scene? We haven't seen a true stand out star like we have for other genres, such as StarCraft II for RTS and League of Legends for MOBAs. What sort of features do you think are necessary to create the next big FPS eSport?

What's your biggest complaint about modern FPS games, either feature or design wise? Is there anything you would change about the direction of the genre, or something you would remove?

What are your thoughts on power creep? Does your job have any influence over controlling power creep? If so, what precautions is your team taking to prevent it from happening in PlanetSide 2?

As someone who obviously has an extensive background in competitive FPS games, what methods or strategies do you use to improve your play? Do you just practice a lot, or are there specific exercise you do in game to improve yourself?

You mentioned on your website about plans to start a show about leadership in online gaming and communities. What do you think are some major qualities a leader should have in an online game, and what specific acts should they be performing as a leader?

Last edited by Notturno; 2012-06-28 at 02:00 AM.